Twin Beach Member Essentials 2019
· Members may enjoy unlimited golf throughout the 2019 season.
· The golf course is officially open April 1 – October 31, 2019.
o You may utilize the golf course outside of the dates listed above should conducive weather present itself, however the Club House will be closed.
§ If there are not flags on the greens, please do not walk on the greens.
· Please sign in at the Pro Shop before beginning a round of golf.
o New for 2019: Guests must also register themselves inside the Pro Shop prior to playing golf
· You should always tee off hole 1 or 10 only, unless the Pro Shop gives you permission to begin elsewhere.
· Golfing groups should be comprised of 4-somes. Two-somes should be paired together when possible to help insure a speedy pace of play. The Pro Shop reserves the right to pair all two-somes.
· Any groups wishing to contain more than 4 players must seek permission from the pro shop. The pro shop reserves the right to evaluate each request and make an appropriate determination.
· Scorecards, pencils, and complimentary tees may be found inside the Pro Shop and inside the green box adjacent to hole #1 tee box.
· Complimentary pull carts are available for members that store their clubs in the bag room.
o Members that do not store their clubs may use a pull cart for a $3.00 charge per round.
· Golf Course Dress code:
o Men: collared shirts that are tucked in with shorts or slacks.
o Ladies: collared shirts, sleeveless shirt with collar, skirts, skorts, shorts, or slacks. No tank tops.
o Tasteful cargo pants are permitted.
o No denim.
o Dress code is in effect on the practice range, putting green, and short game area.
· Open Play vs. Tee Times:
o In early April and in late October, golf is considered “Open Play” every day. Thus, you will not need a tee time to play.
o From Mid-April through Mid-October, golf remains “Open Play” Tuesday-Friday morning, but tee times are required on Friday after 12pm/Saturday/Sunday.
o You may call Tuesday after 9am for a Friday/Saturday tee time and you may call Wednesday after 9am to make a Sunday tee time. Limited to one tee time per phone call.
· Making the Turn
o On Friday PM, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday, tee times must all tee off before anyone can make the turn.
o During Open Play situations, members should communicate with those members on hole 9, and if those members playing hole 9 wish to turn to hole 10, there should be some judgment used to allow them to turn before you tee off.
· Golf Guest Policy: The same name guest cannot play more than twice per month whether or not it is with one or more members.
o Nine & Dine’s and other organized golf events are exempt from this policy.
o The guest policy does NOT apply to The Drake Room. You may bring unlimited guests.
· Social Members Golf Policy 2019:
o Each social membership is permitted to play golf up to four nine-hole rounds per season (must pay the guest fee)
§ Social members are required to pay the standard 9 or 18-hole guest fees when playing.
o Social members must register inside the Pro Shop prior to playing golf.
o Social members may not play golf before 12pm on Saturday/Sunday.
· Non-metal or spikeless golf shoes are acceptable.
· Pace of Play is two-hours for 9 holes and four-hours for 18 holes.
· Please do not spend more than five minutes searching for a lost golf ball.
· Out of Bounds is located throughout the golf course. If your ball is deemed out of bounds, please replay the shot from the original point.
· If your golf ball enters the practice range from either hole 1 or hole 10, this is considered out of bounds. Due to safety concerns, you may not play your golf ball from any part of the range.
· Junior Golf (17 & Under)
o Junior golf is encouraged. Juniors should be accompanied by an adult.
o Weekday junior golf is preferred. Weekend junior golf is permitted after 5pm during the months of May-August. Exceptions can be made by the Pro Shop staff.
o On several designated Tuesday afternoons, the golf course will be reserved for juniors only.
o Exceptions to the junior golf policies can be made by the Pro Shop Staff.
· While walking down the #1 or #10 fairway, if you see yellow range balls, please toss back over towards range
· Electric cart courtesy
o Electric carts are available. Check in the Pro Shop prior using an electric cart to receive your cart key.
o On the golf course you will notice brown posts with white caps on every hole. Please do not take your electric cart inside the brown post line.
o Electric carts should never be taken to the left of #9 green.
o Members playing 18 holes that wish to walk the front 9 & ride the back 9 is common. Should you choose to ride the back 9, call the Pro Shop at 248-363-3335 ext 3 & we’ll place a cart @ the turn for you.
o A valid driver’s license is required to operate golf carts at Twin Beach Country Club.
o Golfers should return electric carts at least 30 minutes prior to darkness.
o Standard electric cart are $13 per person for 9 holes and $22 per person for 18 holes. Discounted rates in effect during Spring and Fall.
· Pull carts: please do not take your pull cart in between a bunker and a green.
· After you’ve hit your second or third shot on hole #5/#14, please ring the bell located on the right side of the fairway near the 150-yard mark. The bell sound will alert golfers behind you that it’s safe to hit.
· There are benches, trash cans, and ball washers located on every golf hole.
· Double greens are located on holes 5/14, 6/15, and 9/18.
o Holes 5, 6, and 9 – play to the left flag ; Holes 14, 15, 18 – play to the right flag.
o You must wait until the entire green is clear before you may hit your approach shot into the green.
· If your golf ball strikes a power line, you must replay the shot without penalty.
· Hole #8 / #17: If you are planning to use the Dining Room after golf, call at 248-363-3335 ext. 4 to make your reservation. This will help expedite service inside the Dining Room.
· Groups making the turn from hole #9 to #10 have the “right of way.” The exception to this rule is when tee times are in effect on weekends.
· Help us keep the golf course beautiful!
o Please fill fairway divots with sand; Please replace your divot in the rough; Please repair all ball marks on the greens.
o When entering a bunker, please do so from the low side of the bunker.
o Place bunker rakes OUTSIDE of bunkers when finished.
o Please rake all bunkers after you’ve hit your shot.
· Periodically you may see staff performing maintenance on the golf course. Thank you for your patience.
· Spring rates are in effect in April; Summer rates in effect May-September; Fall rates in effect in October.
· A complete list of competitive golf events may be found at www.twinbeachcc.com.
· The Pro Shop has been given the ultimate authority by the Board of Directors to enforce all golf course rules.
· Golf Lessons with PGA Professional Jim McGuigan are available by request. Call Jim at 248-363-3335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Private 1-hour lessons, 4-lesson series, junior lessons, indoor lessons, and playing lessons are all available options. Lessons fees are paid by Cash or Check only.
· The Pro Shop is stocked with merchandise from Titleist, Foot Joy, Bridgestone, Under Armour, Maxx Sunglasses, Live Eyewear, Club Glove, Greg Norman, Pukka, Mizuno, Travis Mathew, EPOCH Eye Wear, Callaway Apparel, Linksoul, Callaway, PING, Cobra, Puma, Garmin, Golf Buddy, Antigua, Sun Mountain Apparel, Bermuda Sands, Nexbelt, Ship Sticks, AM & E, Mizuno, Nivo, GG Blue, Bushnell, Tour Edge, etc. If there’s something you’d like but don’t see it inside the Pro Shop, we can order it for you.
· Regripping services are available. Contact the Pro Shop Manager to have your club(s) regripped.
o You are required to enter your 9 or 18 hole score into the G.A.M. upon conclusion of your round.
o The handicap committee will review all handicap issues.
· Members may enjoy unlimited use of the practice facility.
· The Driving Range is approximately 150 yards long. Do not hit shots longer than 150 yards.
· Limited flight balls are available for you to hit woods with.
· There will be a weekly rotation between utilizing the AstroTurf and the real grass to hit range balls. When the AstroTurf is being utilized, please do not hit off the real grass.
· Please do not hit practice balls into the woods towards hole #6/15.
· Members may enjoy the short game practice area with practice bunker.
· Please do not hit practice balls from the practice range tee deck towards short game practice area on the left.
· Undulation has been added to the practice putting green to help you practice uphill/downhill putts.
· Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday the practice facility will close approximately 45 minutes prior to darkness. Thursday and Sunday the practice facility will close one hour prior to darkness so that a “clean pick” can be performed and the range be mowed.
· All Class-A Twin Beach members will pay $85 for club storage. Members that store their bag receive a complimentary pull cart.
· Twin Beach often times schedules bag boys / bag girls to assist inside the club storage room.
· Tipping the bag boys/girls and/or the Pro Shop Manager for club cleaning is suggested. An average tip can be anywhere from $1.00 - $5.00.
o Please note the bag boys/girls provide a valuable service and are compensated by tips only.
Half Way House
· The Half Way House typically opens once temperatures consistently remain above freezing.
· Restrooms, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages are available inside the Half Way House.
· If you elect to take a snack or beverage, please fill out a blue Chit located inside the Half Way House. Be sure to legibly record your last name and member number.
· The Half Way House may be accessed at holes 1, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 14.
· If you’d like a to-go meal / alcoholic beverage, please call us at 248-363-3335 ext. 4 & we’ll bring it out to you.
· Full & half lockers are available. Full lockers are $85 per season & half lockers are $45 per person.
· Showers and restrooms are available inside the locker rooms.
o Please use white towels for showering and the purple towels for all other uses.
· Purple towels are available for you to take onto the golf course to wipe down clubs. Please return purple towels when you are finished with your golf round.
· Please do not store your pull carts or golf clubs inside the Locker Rooms.
Twin Beach Contact Info
· Main Phone Number: 248-363-3335
· Email Addresses
o General Manager/Head Professional:
o Executive Chef:
o Pro Shop:
o Dining Room:
o Board of Directors:
o Facebook: “Twin Beach Country Club”
o Twin Beach Website: www.twinbeachcc.com